Monday, April 7, 2014

04/04/14

I am in your new apartment with my dad. You are telling him about how proud you are of your new life and I go into your room to use the toilet in there. Clothes are everywhere--covering the toilet and spilling out from every imaginable crevice in your walls and furniture. I can hear you saying how proud you were that you did your laundry and I am overcome with sadness at this. I want to take care of you, and it takes all of my self-control not to begin folding and organizing and cleaning this messy hovel. I finally unearth the toilet but I hear you talking now of how there is this storm inside of you and you are bleeding apart inside and you bought a new gun, loaded it, and cocked it, just in case. I sift through piles and piles of your clothes and belongings and finally grasp the cool barrel of the gun as you yell through the door to see why I am taking so long. I yell something back and slip the gun out the patio door and under your workbench--I will pick it up from there once I leave. I will keep you safe. I feel sick just having touched it, and I wish I could have discharged it, but this loaded gun is too soon and present to take my sweet time with it. I am crying at your life and want to swoop in and fix it and be everything you need, but for now all I can do is steal the firearms you are turning on yourself.

Awaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment